Thursday, July 12, 2018

Unrivaled by Alyson Noel

Beautiful Idols #1

Teens in LA compete in the high intensity world of the rich and famous for a highly coveted spot promoting clubs and get more than they bargained for in the process.

This book has a great mystery element to it without losing any of it's YA contemporary feel. I liked that. It doesn't have a satisfying ending, so you'll see the second one pop up on my blog here pretty quickly. I found myself liking these characters and their personalities a lot, more than I was even expecting to.

When it comes to the rating, I have to influence the smiles UP because I devoured this book. It's long but I kept picking it back up and reading more. You have to appreciate a book you can't put down. I then have to drop the smiles DOWN because I had to suspend my disbelief in the character's ages. Look, I get that kids get into things they shouldn't (hello, I went to college) BUT I found it really difficult to believe clubs and club owners would serve them alcohol and let them work serving alcohol. The business could get in so much trouble and it's hard to believe a club owner would take that risk. I digress, the point is that I landed on four smiles.

Give it a shot and tell me what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment