Monday, July 30, 2018

The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel

Goodreads tells me this is the seventh book featuring Louise Rick. That makes sense since I noticed there seemed to be a background and depth to this character that I was missing out on. However, it didn't affect the story. Instead, it made me curious to know more. This can be read alone without reading the previous six.

This book was one of those stories where you are riveted to the plot, dying to know what comes next, but completely disgusted with the story at the same time. The situation unfolded into things that made me cringe. I hated how the title "forgotten girls" became relevant. Don't get me wrong, it was skillfully written and I fully appreciate the book. Her ability to weave stories that are so real they disgust you is actually a talent and I applaud her for that.

Overall, I'd recommend this one if you like detective novels. Four smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment