Monday, July 30, 2018

In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

I personally love Ruth Ware's writing style. Her characters are deep but flawed and I love them for that.

This book followed Leonora (Lee, Leo, Nora) as she attends a pre-wedding Hen party for Clare, a girl she hasn't seen in ten years. But something goes horribly wrong.

The story splits into alternating time periods at one point, which I actually liked. There have been stories in the past who did the jump back and forth and only confused me. This one I was able to follow with no problems. I think it made the mystery stronger, actually.

The cast of characters for this one was fun, quirky. I had feelings about all of them, which is good, but not many of them gave me the creepy this-could-be-the-culprit vibe. Either way, loved the mystery and the storytelling on this one.

I'd recommend this one mystery fans. Five smiles.




No comments:

Post a Comment