Monday, July 2, 2018

One Perfect Lie by Lisa Scottoline

“Chris Brennan was applying for a teaching job at Central Valley High School, but he was a fraud.” 

This book was fast-paced and intriguing. Lisa Scottoline is a personal favorite writer of mine. She is adept at getting her characters into (and sometimes out of) situations that are dangerous in a way that has you turning pages to keep up. This story was no exception.

The story went in a very different direction that I was expecting. This is a good thing for me, typically I am impressed whenever a book is something other than predictable. I enjoyed the ending and I enjoyed being surprised.

My one complaint is the romance angle. Typically I don't mind them in books, they can add excitement and that edge of realism. In this book it seemed unnecessarily "happily ever after".  Overall, a great book and highly recommended if you like to be surprised.





No comments:

Post a Comment