Thursday, July 12, 2018

Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

A companion novel to The Giver

First I want to say that if you're expecting a SEQUEL to The Giver, like with the same characters, you're NOT going to get it. Now that we've got that out of the way, let's talk about what you will get. This book has the same kind of dystopian what's-going-on-with-this-world feel to it that The Giver had. You have SO MANY QUESTIONS about this world and you fall right into it.

The book, similar to The Giver, doesn't give you all the answers and doesn't end with a satisfying conclusion. I'm nervous that the third book will take me to yet another dystopian society with different characters and no resolution, but I guess there's only one way to find out.

Overall, this is a book that sticks with you and makes you think. I like that.
Four smiles.




No comments:

Post a Comment