Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

This is the debut novel from the author of Gone Girl, which I previously rated 5 smiles and a wink.

Camille, the leading lady of this dark tale, has issues she slowly is forced to confront as she travels back home to write a story about missing girls in her hometown.  The story is twisted, scary, and I loved it.  As with Gone Girl, I was constantly impressed with the language and plot choices made by Miss. Flynn.  The characters were positively real, even the twisted ones!

I did figure out the who-done-it aspect a bit early and spent some time waiting for Camille to catch up with it, but it didn't ruin the book at all!  It does keep me from giving a wink to this book of twists since it kept me from being surprised.

4 hearty smiles



No comments:

Post a Comment