Thursday, March 19, 2015

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr

Book 2 in the Wicked Lovely Series

I must admit I was a bit stressed about the fact that I didn't really remember the plot to Wicked Lovely, the predecessor of this book.  I did some research, hoping to bring the memories flooding back.  I was hoping to recall why I may have put this on my wish list...which I usually do when I love the first book.  The research evoked only tiny details.  As it turns out, they two stories are different enough that it was okay.

The story line follows Leslie as she enters into the word of faeries. This time around, unlike with Aislinn's story, the way she enters it is entirely different.  I vaguely recall liking Keenan in the first story.  This time I positively hated him.  He seemed like he was hiding something, which made me distrust him.  Naill, on the other hand, I adored.  This character would make me read more of these stories.  He is dark and dangerous, but hiding some personal strengths below the surface.  I want to find out more about him.

Leslie, however, who is our main character, was weak. I kept waiting for her to break out of her weak shell and have me cheering.  She demonstrated small boughs of bravery at the end, but I wasn't impressed.

Overall, 2 smiles.  I'll probably put the next one on my list but I may forget why it was there by the time I get around to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment