Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Passion (and Rapture) by Lauren Kate

First and foremost I'd like to point out that the mistake has been fixed!  In my review of the 2nd book in the Fallen series, Torment, I somehow reversed the author's name.  As I said, it's been fixed.  Sorry to Lauren (should you happen to stumble upon this review).  I sincerely hope you weren't offended!

This review will encompass both Passion (book 3) and Rapture (book 4) which I read one right after the other.

Fallen is a series about two star-crossed lovers, Lucinda and Daniel.  In Torment we learned more about their curse and Daniel's background.  In Passion we were able to explore more of Lucinda and it was inspired.  There was a time travel element in this one which I enjoyed more than I thought I would.  Lauren Kate did her research and it shows.  I learned to love Daniel, I grew my respect for Lucinda, and I started to believe in their history.

Immediately I ran to the library and checked out Rapture (oddly Rapture is labeled as horror by my local library where the rest were labeled as mysteries or romance).  The series finale did not disappoint at all.  The religious element, which was needed the second you found out Daniel was an angel, was tastefully done.  I loved the moment when Luce fully unlocks the truth of her past all the way to my soul.  I was fully connected to these characters, which is a great compliment.

My only issue was that I wanted more of Cam.  I felt myself physically hurting to know what happened to him.  THEN I went on Ms. Kate's website and learned something amazing...she's writing Cam's story!  Expect me to look for and review Unforgiven soon!

4 smiles for the books that rounded out this series, they were the best ones in it!



No comments:

Post a Comment