Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Book One of the Lunar Chronicles

Marissa Meyer's admits on her website (FAQ section, www.marissameyer.com) that the idea for this story was born when she entered a writing contest.  What a fun way to start!

This book was purchased for me by a great little reader I had the pleasure of teaching.  This science fiction book is set in the future and follows Cinder, a cyborg.  I love the way Marissa brings this story to life and yet shocks me with the twists.  I loved the independent and strong main character.  I love the wickedly evil antagonist.  I was heartbroken for some of the twists and invested in the ending of the story.

I will avidly search for the rest of this series, which promises to be further adaptations of fairy tales you thought you knew.

4 smiles





No comments:

Post a Comment