Thursday, March 26, 2015

Come Home by Lisa Scottoline

"But Jill didn't know what she was in for."

My immediate reaction to Jill Farrow, widower and divorcee, is that she makes terrible life choices.  Reading about the way she handles her ex-stepdaughter's drama solidifies that snap judgement. This book gave me the same reaction as watching a horror movie with a stupid heroine.  I kept yelling at the book hoping to make Jill realize her awful decisions. Even though things work themselves out in the end you can't really give that credit to Jill.

This is a great mystery book and it even takes me by surprise, which readers of the blog will know doesn't happen often.  Despite the fact that I may not have always liked Jill's choices I FELT something when I read about her.  This is the mark of a great book from an outstanding writer.


3 smiles and a wink for this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment