Thursday, January 17, 2019

The Mysterious Caravan by Franklin W. Dixon

The Hardy Boys #54
Hardy Boys mysteries do not need to be read in any particular order. They provide enough characterization and backstory for you to enjoy the mystery each time without having read all the previous books.

The Hardy Boys discover a death mask on vacation that turns out to be part of a larger mystery they must trace back and solve.

I never read these mysteries as a kid. I read a lot of mysteries and I always saw these ones at the library, but I never read them. So as an adult, I've tried a few. I have to admit I haven't been overly impressed. The mysteries are a little obvious, they are neatly wrapped up and solved quickly, and they're not always believable. That being said I understand that they're not exactly modern and I have to remember that when I'm reading.

Note for Parents/Teachers: If you're looking for a high-interest mystery for a younger reader that you know if clean and safe, give it a shot.

2 smiles for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment