Thursday, January 17, 2019

Eldest by Christopher Paolini


The Inheritance Cycle #2
You may know this one as the sequel to Eragon (yes, the one about the dragon egg). You don't HAVE to read them in order because Paolini does a good job of bringing backstory into this one for you.

Eragon and his dragon Saphira saved the world from the forces of King Galbatorix in the previous book. Now Eragon must travel to the land of the elves for training in the ways of the Dragon Rider. But not everyone is who they seem and Eragon isn't sure who he can trust.

This book was a little wordy for my taste. There were paragraphs, pages, scenes, and chapters I was aware I probably could've skipped without missing anything important. That being said, the dragon training was amazing and the story has great character building. If you were a HUGE fan of Eragon (I'd say movie or book) you'll love this one.

Three smiles for me.

Note for parents/teachers: This is pitched as a 12+ book. There's absolutely nothing in this book that would prevent me from letting any child who has the desire and capacity to read a book this long read it.




No comments:

Post a Comment