Thursday, January 17, 2019

Confessions: The Paris Mysteries by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro


Confessions #3
This is one of the few series titles that I would argue needs to be read in order. You'll miss out on a lot of backstories and be a little confused with the storyline if you haven't already read Confessions of a Murder Suspect and Confessions: The Murder of an Angel.

Tandy Angel is in Paris, the city of love. But her love is acting strangely, there are clues surfacing regarding the death of her sister, and there seem to be more questions popping up at every turn. Will Tandy ever get to the bottom of the mysteries her parents have set in motion?

For me, this one was not a favorite. It felt slower than the others and a little predictable. Tandy's snark and sass were missing for me, which was sad because I love me some sassy characters. Overall, if you're looking for a mystery starring some awesome teens that will wow you I'll recommend the first or second book in this series.

Three smiles for me.

Notes for parents/teachers: This one's written for YA so everything is tastefully done. There are some "adult" situations (handled with kid gloves) including romance, the mention of drug use, and death. I wouldn't have a problem with a middle school student reading this one at all.




No comments:

Post a Comment