Thursday, January 17, 2019

Forbidden Entry by Sylvia Nobel


Kendall O'Dell #5
Sidenote: These books do not need to be read in order (which is good because I think I've missed one). You can get a great feel for the main characters, character dynamics, and plot lines just by picking up any of the books in this series.

When a young couple turns up dead, Kendall is determined to stay focus on her visiting family. But when the couple turns out to be connected to Kendall's friend, Ginger, she can't help but get herself immersed in the case. Her investigation will take her to Raven's Creek and into the path of a bunch of shady new characters.

If you enjoy a little amateur detective work, these stories are always great. Kendall O'Dell reminds me of (a grown-up) Nancy Drew.  I've previously rated other books in this series four or five smiles. This one is not my absolute favorite (I could've done without the overwhelming lectures on drug use from Kendall) but it was very well done and the mystery was entertaining. Four smiles and recommended for mystery fans.

Note for parents/teachers: There is drug use (although HIGHLY discouraged and explained as dangerous by the main character) and light romance (kissing). I wouldn't have any problem with a mature middle school kiddo (or older) picking this one up.




No comments:

Post a Comment