Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Gone by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge

Michael Bennett, Book 6

I previously rated the 5th book in this series only 3 smiles for a few holes in the story (check out my review from January).

This was faster-paced than "I, Michael Bennett".  The military are brought in on a raid and set up some of my favorite scenes.  I felt too many similarites to "Cross my Heart" which I would normally adore, had it not been for the fact that they are the same author and shouldn't be similar.  I also noticed that when I read Michael Bennett books I am never truly afraid of anything happening to him or his family.  Despite the fact that this man constantly puts himself into dangerous situations and keeps telling the readers that his family is in danger, I just don't think James Patterson has the heart to seriously hurt any of them.  He certainly doesn't have the heart to kill one of them.  Once you learn that, the heart-wrenching twists aren't so heart-wrenching.  They actually felt a little weak.

Overall, two smiles.  (Sorry James)


No comments:

Post a Comment