Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Dandelion Fire by ND Wilson

Book 2, 100 Cupboards Series

I previously rated book 1 of this series 3 smiles and a wink for a slow start but a strong finish.

Book 2 begins by personifying the entire state of Kansas as a wizened old man who has seen everything and is not impressed by your shenanigans.  I loved this beginning.

"Henry York had seen things in Kansas, things he didn't think belonged in this world.  Things that didn't.  Kansas hadn't flinched."

Unfortunately, that is where I stopped enjoying this book.  Too many characters often left me confused. Many times I felt as though I had missed something, forcing me to rummage back through old pages in search of a twist or fact I had somehow overlooked.  Oftentimes, there wasn't one, leaving me frustrated.

Overall, 1 smile (I still like Henry York as a character and the idea itself has merit) for a confusing plot I simply couldn't get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment