Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Passion of Cleopatra by Anne and Christopher Rice

Ramses the Damned #2

I couldn't NOT read this book after how thoroughly I enjoyed Ramses the Damned (aka Mummy, which I previously raved about and rated five smiles).

This sequel picks up shortly after the events in the first book. I don't normally say this, but I recommend you read them in order. There isn't a lot of time spent on reminding you about the events in the previous book. I was okay with that, since I read them close to each other, but I could see it being a problem if you haven't.

The characters continued to be wonderful. There are major changes in Julie, which you would expect given the ending of the first book, but they work. This book, however, follows Cleopatra for most of the time. I enjoyed the way she was written and her inner strength of character. I also really enjoyed the ending she was given this time around. Very pleasing overall.

I did have a few moments where I was confused about who new characters were and how they fit into the plot. In the end most of them were answered. Overall, highly recommended sequel even if the first one was better.



No comments:

Post a Comment