Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino

Villains #1

I was looking forward to this book because I love villains. When it comes to Disney villains, the Evil Queen from Snow White is probably up there with my favorites. She's dark and dangerous, evil and malicious, and we never really know why. This book attempts to give her depth and a backstory to explain her evil ways.

While it is a premise I was in love with, the book fell flat. We still don't know her name and her reasons for her behavior were disappointing. I'd rate the story 2.5 smiles if I could find a way to make 1/2 a smile. I rounded up to 3. We'll say I gave an extra 0.5 a smile for that gorgeous cover.

A little too dark. A little too skimpy on the backstory. A little lacking in detail.




No comments:

Post a Comment