Thursday, November 15, 2018

One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus

One of Us Is Lying is the story of what happens when five strangers walk into detention and only four walk out alive. Everyone is a suspect, and everyone has something to hide. 

This book takes everything I love about YA (characters, angst, self doubt, new love, passion) and everything I love about mystery (question everything, trust no one) and throws them into one novel. It's a great read and the great who-done-it story. 

Some of the aspects were a bit easy to predict, but I have to remind myself here that someone who has read as many mystery novels (for adults and teens) as I have isn't necessarily the intended audience. The predictability didn't ruin the story. 

I loved the characters. The writing was well done. I recommend this book!



No comments:

Post a Comment