Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Rook by Steven James

This is the 2nd book starring Special Agent Patrick Bowers. The first, The Pawn, I reviewed previously (January 2018) and rated 4 smiles. You certainly do NOT have to read The Pawn to appreciate The Rook (although it was good so you absolutely can).

My previous comments regarding the writing style still hold up here. This is a fast-paced book that thrills the reader from beginning to end. This one will make you question things a little more than the first, making it better (in my opinion).

The first round I accused this one of having characters who were a little too cliche. Some of those cracked their cliche molds on this one (they're not broken yet, but at least I can see the cracks).
If I could give this one 4 1/2 smiles I would.

4 smiles for this one. Great for thriller fans.



No comments:

Post a Comment