Thursday, May 31, 2018

Count to Ten by James Patterson

Private #13

Ok, technically this one is a series. BUT you don't need to read the Private novels in any particular order. Nor do you have to read them all. Case in point, this is the first one set in Private's new India office.

Private India is dealing with a serial killer who may be in the market to harvest human organs. A shocking premise and one I can certainly find interest in. My initial take on the Private India characters was that they were a little dry. I found more to like about them as the story went on, but I'm not overly invested in them. This tends to be a theme in Private novels. Patterson seems to want us to forget about the various detectives he uses in favor of remembering Jack (the owner of the Private industries and guest star in the books). My problem with that, as you may know from previous book reviews, is that I'm not actually a fan of Jack. But I enjoyed this book for the way it would down after the climax. I enjoyed the ending and I enjoyed the suspense. It took a lot of build up to get there, but hang in and you'll like it.

Three smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment