Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

Kane Chronicles, Book 1

Readers of the blog will know I am a huge fan of Percy Jackson (a previous character created by Mr. Riordan).  It should, therefore, come as no surprise that I enjoyed every page of this new novel.  I had my doubts, being that it focuses heavily on Egyptian mythology.  I have never had much of an interest in Egypt.  I tended to focus my mythological obsession on Greece and Rome.  However, my naivete didn't affect my love of this book even a little.  Sadie Kane has a similar lack of knowledge about the myths and history of Egypt so when Carter Kane filled her in, I learned with her.

Once again, Mr. Riordan has done an outstanding job presenting old mythology in a way that we will all (young and old alike) finally remember.  I just wish he had written it before I needed it in school!  Well done, Mr. Riordan.



No comments:

Post a Comment