Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Lorien Legacy Series, Book 1

It begins with an idea that seems just wild enough to be possible.  9 children escape from their planet just as it is being destroyed, ravaged by another civilization.  The children are sent away with a special magic charm that will protect them, they can only be killed in order.  The book begins when #1-3 have already been killed and as the title suggests, the story then follows #4.

Known to us as John Smith, the main character is deep and troubled.  I found myself empathizing with his situation and rooting for him.  This story had action, adventure, suspense, and love.  I found myself tearing up (something I don't do often) because the story takes a turn down a road you saw coming but seriously hoped the author wouldn't take.  I adored Sarah, John, Henri, Sam, and Bernie.  I even found myself believing in the characters you weren't supposed to like and wishing they would somehow find a change of heart.

The book is inspiring, and one I HIGHLY recommend.  Check this one out...I'll go look for the second one!





No comments:

Post a Comment