Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

Trials of Apollo, Book 1

Apollo has been punished by Zeus and sent to Earth as a human. He's not worried, it's happened before. Each time before he's served a demi-God for a few years and then been granted back into Olympus. He's trying not to focus on the fact that Zeus has a hard and fast "three strikes" rule...and that this is his third time being sent to Earth as a human.

I'm a HUGE fan of Riordan's stories. I'm a Percy Jackson junky and I rated all of the previous books 4 or 5 stars. This one took me a little longer to get into. Apollo is a seriously conceited guy, which we already knew. With him narrating that is a little hard to swallow. It took me a good chunk of the book to get into that and stop being annoyed with him. I loved the cameos by Percy (it was the best part, in my opinion).

The story really hit it's stride at the end, meaning I'll likely enjoy the second book more than this one.
Three smiles for a slow start.

Recommended for Percy Jackson fans, Rick Riordan fans, or fans of mythological fiction stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment