Sunday, March 17, 2019

Burned by PC and Kristin Cast

House of Night #7
If you are deep into this House of Night series, as I am, you'll probably read this book no matter what I say. If you haven't found the series yet, start with the first book. This series has had some serious highs, I think I may have even rated an earlier book four stars. But this book is one of the lows, in my opinion. It may be time for me to let these characters go. I find myself uninterested in whether they win or lose, even against big villains and with big stakes. I am no longer drawn in by the interesting twist on the vampire world created by these authors. The only thing that really continues to captivate me, I think, is the tattoos they have and even those are missing descriptions in this book.

As a side note, I also chose to listen to this one as an audiobook and wish I hadn't. The accents imposed on Stevie Rae and Aphrodite were so stereotypical that it made me cringe whenever they were talking. I guess I hadn't imagined them as such over-the-top stereotypes before and I was disappointed that they were read that way. It may have been the nail in the coffin of this series for me.

Two smiles, mostly for the ending which I actually enjoyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment