Monday, March 18, 2019

The Death Cure by James Dashner

Maze Runner #3
I have actually read the entire Maze Runner series now and I realize that I never reviewed the earlier two. So, let me break this entire thing down for you.

MAZE RUNNER-4 Smiles
-The book seems to be about one thing and then absolutely flips into something else. It's a twist I wasn't AT ALL expecting, but I thoroughly enjoyed it because I LOVE to be shocked and surprised by a book. I gave it only 4 smiles (instead of 5) because I felt like some of the made-up words used by the teens were confusing for a little while. I also wasn't crazy about a few of the characters.

SCORCH TRIALS-3 Smiles
-I think I was still reeling from the twist, to be honest. I spent a lot of this book trying to get my bearings. It made the book feel almost too fast. I did get more comfortable with the lingo used and started to fall in love with a few of the characters. I wasn't overly crazy with the way the twist we learned about played out.

DEATH CURE-4 Smiles
-By the time you're onto book 3, you are starting to understand everything. You feel more comfortable with the world that is created and it lets you just enjoy the story. I loved a lot of the characters by this point and had a lot of emotional moments, which is good! Overall, I'm quite happy I read this series in its entirety without seeing the movies. Maybe I'll try those movies someday, who knows?

Recommended (if you haven't already read it) for people who like to be surprised, like action, and like YA futuristic dystopian books.

No comments:

Post a Comment