Thursday, February 14, 2019

A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin

I have to admit that I had already watched Game of Thrones before reading this book. So part of my fascination with this was in how well done the television show is. Seriously, it's impressive. The characters match their descriptions, the quotes are almost exact, and the places fit. I actually had to check to make sure I had an original book and not one that was written AFTER the television show. Really, well done to the people who make the show.

That being said, if you've seen the show you don't need to read the book. There were a few scenes where I learned something new or had a new sense of a character, but those were VERY few considering the length of the book. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved this book. I loved the characters and the intrigue. If you haven't seen the show, couldn't get into the show, or need a fantasy fix...this is your book. It's masterfully done and takes you to an entirely new world.

I'm rating this four smiles.

Note for Parents/Teachers: Just like the show, exercise caution here. We're talking violence, sex, blood, gore, and incest.



No comments:

Post a Comment