Saturday, January 4, 2014

12th of Never by James Patterson

   As the title implies, this is the 12th in a series for Mr. Patterson.  In fact, this is the 12th book to hit shelves featuring the "Woman's Murder Club" and was written in tandem with Maxine Paetro.  Readers of this blog will know these facts about me already, but they are worth repeating.  Firstly, I am a HUGE James Patterson fan and I literally read everything the man writes (quite the accomplishment since his full list of books spans 3 pages in small print and he adds at least 3 to the list every single year).  Secondly, I do not believe that all Patterson books are created equal and have previously claimed to actually dislike a few in the past.
    This title was actually pretty good.  I haven't been a solid fan of the Woman's Murder series in the past, finding the antics of Yuki and Cindy to be a bit dry (although I do love Lindsay and Claire).  This book had a lot of interesting story lines going on at once, and I found it pleasing instead of confusing.  Lindsay and Joe finally have their baby, but things don't unfold as planned.  Add to that a football star being accused of murdering his girlfriend, a body missing from the morgue, Claire being suspended, a missing security guard, and an English professor who appears to be predicting murders; and there are a lot of things to love about this book.
    I feel as though this one was one of the most intense books in the series.  Readers of the series will be glad they stuck with it and non-readers may very well be glad you don't really need to read them all to enjoy the book.  Personally, I'm glad I read this one.  Four stars for the high action book, and a wink for the twist I didn't see.



No comments:

Post a Comment