Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Ghost by Danielle Steel

I tried it again. Another Danielle Steel. Another romance by a big name in romance. I had the same reaction to this one, not a fan.

I did finally figure out what is bothering me about all these books though. All of the romance books that have been thrust at me lately have the exact same premise. Someone must recover from either being cheated on or being divorced (often both) and find love again. They don't think they will. Then they do.

That is a valid storyline...the first time. But there are other ways people fall in love. There are other ways love stories happen. Where are my stories about adults who fall in love without cheating, divorce, or crazy grandfathers thrusting spouses upon them? I want variety, I think.

Anyway, back to this book, after suffering a messy divorce from his cheating spouse Charlie leaves the country and starts over. He rents a beautiful house with an interesting backstory and immerses himself in the journals of the woman who lived in the house before him.

The story had too much drag and was a little too predictable for me. Maybe more of the ghost would've kept me interested.

One smile, still not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment