Monday, December 24, 2018

Do Not Disturb by AR Torre

Deanna Madden #2
Side Note: I didn't read the first book in this series, which is fine for me because I adapt quickly. If you are the kind of person who cannot jump into a book without knowing everything, read these in order.

Deanna Madden is a cam girl with a dark secret -- she yearns to kill. She has shut herself off from the world in her little apartment, earning money through cybersex and shopping online so she never has to leave. But after her adventures in The Girl in 6E (Book 1) she is venturing outside, testing the limits of her self imposed rules.

This book has an interesting premise, but I found myself thinking of the main characters desire to kill as humorous instead of thrilling. I was much more afraid of the john who has a dark obsession, for sure. If you are at all embarrassed by erotica, stay away from this one, the author holds nothing back on this one even though it's not the main storyline.

I ended up rating this one three smiles, I enjoyed the unique premise but will likely forget about it in the near future.

Note for parents/teachers: Nope. This one was shelved right in the main entrance at my bookstore, available on a seemingly innocent table amongst titles you can feel good about handing to a child. Deceptive, for sure. This one doesn't belong in the hands of your kiddos just yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment