Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sick by Tom Leveen

"What exactly would constitute an emergency at this point, and who the hell would we call anyway?"

Let's start with some admissions.  First, I hate zombie books.  Last time I remember trying to give one a chance, I ended up trashing the poor author with my review because the book was terrible.  Secondly, I was torn between wanting to love this author (because I've met him and I actually do think he's great) and wanting to hate him (because, you know, jealousy).  Alright here we go...

This book was so fast paced it caught me off guard.  I picked it up thinking I had a little time to read one chapter...and read the first half of the book, schedule be damned.  I have been taking longer to read a book lately, but this one was done in a day.  You just have to keep flipping pages.

The content will not really surprise you, since you have to see the cover art to read it.  But there are differences between what you are expecting and what you get.  There are places that make you think and the characters are smart and lovable.  I liked this way more than I was expecting.

Mr. Leveen is destined for greatness if he keeps writing like this.  Get this one, you won't regret it!

5 smiles



No comments:

Post a Comment