Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

The Lunar Chronicles, Book 2

I liked the first book in this series, Cinder, enough to rate it 4 smiles and recommend it to a few people.  This sequel doesn't disappoint.

The plot revolves around Scarlet's kidnapped grandmother and the street fighter who offers to help find her.  Cinder, readers will recall, is trapped in a jail cell and must escape if she is to survive.  The story packs action at every turn.

I think I actually liked this book better than the first.  Scarlet is a character I can really get into.  She is headstrong and loving.  Despite all the things working against him, I even liked Wolf.  Okay, I really liked Wolf.  He's probably one of my all time favorite characters, and I have a lot.  Plus, Cinder is back and she's always entertaining.  The author even threw in a new guy to help us get more of that great sarcastic banter Cinder is so good at.

Overall, 5 smiles.  I can't find fault with it.

On the off chance that Marissa Meyer finds this review, I wanna add one message for her.  Kudos for breaking the "rules" of this business.  YA in third person?  Absolu-freaking-lutely.  Your first novel kicking off a series?  Heck yeah.  I love your guts and ambition Ms. Meyer and I wish you the best of luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment