Saturday, April 12, 2014

Marked by PC and Kristin Cast

Book One in the House of Night Series

    Brace yourself, I read another vampire novel. It has been awhile, but evidently the genre is still going strong.  This one had a great cover, so I gave it a shot. Yes, I judged a book by its cover.   You should try it some time.
     Anyway, it was actually pretty good.  I really, really liked our heroine Zoey.  The voice of the story is great and the slight differences between Zoey and your typical vampire novel heroine were refreshing.  She is strong and independent, she is stubborn but caring, she's a lovable freak (even in the vampire world).  I found myself liking Zoey so much that I even enjoyed the rather cliche novel. In fact,  I immediately bought and read the second one.
      Three smiles, mostly for the great characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment