Saturday, June 29, 2013

100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson

A Yearling publication aimed at 8-12 year olds, this one landed on my wishlist after a few new-to-reading students of mine suggested it.  Always eager to find out what has them reading, I finally managed to get my hands on a copy.  The book is inventive, creative, and fun. It centers around a boy who discovers doors that lead to other worlds in the attic of his Aunt and Uncle's house.  In the classic style of a book that will kick off a series of books, this one leaves many unanswered questions.  I can see why it was so enjoyable to teenagers and I would recommend it.  One word of caution, stick with it.  The beginning is a bit slow, but once it picks up it's hard to put down.

Three smiles for a slow beginning but a great ending (which earned a wink because I wasn't expecting it).




No comments:

Post a Comment