Monday, June 26, 2017

Doctor Sleep by Stephen King

All I have to say about this one (format be damned) is WOW!

I have not always been a Stephen King fan.  Wait, that's not entirely true.  I have always been a fan of the man himself and what he does for the writing community at large.  There are stories that I love and stories that I just cannot wade through (I'm looking at you, Tommyknockers).

The Shining was always a favorite, however.  Like many other people in the book-reading world, I regularly think about that story.  (Shadows in your room?  Weird intuition?  Staying a hotel?) Having a chance to dive headfirst back into the Shining and the life of Danny Torrence was EPIC.

This one is highly recommended.  I was hooked before page 50.

In fact, if you haven't read The Shining it's worth reading that one just to get the chance to read this one.

Oh and I finished the book by going back and reading the last few paragraphs at the end of the second-to-last section.  I believe that was the perfect way to end the book (but I acknowledge that I'm a softie).

Have you read Doctor Sleep? I'd love to know what you think.  Drop me a comment!

5 HUGE smiles



No comments:

Post a Comment