Tuesday, June 23, 2015

First Love by James Patterson and Emily Raymond

"I was going to miss the apartment...like an ex-con misses his jail cell, which is to say: Not.  At.  All."

This book begins with a dedication to James' first love.  Don't skip that part.

Right off the bat there are similarities between this book and a few others that have become popular lately.  I was hoping to ignore that, or be taken on a different ride, but the similarities do show themselves.  This is a good one for a hopeless romantic.  The story line is intertwined with great descriptions of young love.  It pulls on your heartstrings for sure.

I was disappointed in the choices made by a few characters.  This led me to be a little frustrated that the adults in the novel didn't handle the disappointing choices harshly enough, in my opinion.

Not the best, but nowhere near the worst.  If you love YA romance and you're looking for another fast read, this is the one.

3 smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment