Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

"Inside each of us is a monster; inside each of us is a saint.  The real question is which one we nurture the most, which one will smite the other."

Read nothing about the details of this book-search for no other reviews (I promise not to ruin it) and look for no spoilers.  Do this, and you will be shocked with a 1-2 punch that leaves you holding your breath with goosebumps decorating your arms within the first 50 pages.

Jodi Picoult weaves a story of a young woman who makes an unlikely friend harboring a secret she doesn't see coming (and you won't either).  What she chooses next can shape so many things.  Like all good Jodi Picoult books, this one rang with a truth and an emotion that you cannot help but feel.

As my husband, and anyone else who happened to see me reading this book, can attest to this book is an emotional roller coaster.  I couldn't binge read this one like I wanted to, because I often had to set it down to let my emotions roll back downward toward normal.  The topic becomes chilling quickly and the story is masterfully told from points of view that Ms. Picoult certainly must have researched well.

No matter what you like to read, read this one.  Seriously.

5 huge smiles
1 tear




No comments:

Post a Comment