Monday, May 12, 2014

The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

Heroes of Olympus, Book Three

Beginning with an opening line that immediately hooks you, "until she met the exploding statue, Annabeth thought she was ready for anything" this book is a can't-miss CLASSIC!

The gang of Roman and Greek favorite we have loved throughout this fast moving series all return for the amazing third book.  This book is easily the most action packed of the bunch, and that is saying something.  I was in awe of the motion of this book, you will not be able to put it down.  In fact, with the climactic ending that clearly paves the way for a fourth book in the series, you will find yourself ready to continue that journey immediately.

Annabeth finds her own uniqueness and power in this novel, something I have been waiting for.  I sense that in the fourth book Leo will finally find his as well.  I am, as always, not-so-patiently waiting until I can get my hands on "The House of Hades".  Thank you, Mr. Riordan, for continuing to hold true to the ancient mythology and bring it to life.

5 huge smiles, a wink for the Sammy-Leo twist I did NOT expect, and a tear from that same revelation. I got goosebumps from this one!







No comments:

Post a Comment