Saturday, November 9, 2013

I Funny by James Patterson

      This book is clearly a product of a man who seriously believes in engaging all children (and adults) in reading.  Mr. Patterson has written a funny book geared towards children in another beautiful installment to make his Read, Kiddo, Read campaign proud.
       As a middle school Reading teacher, I often read books that are designed for teens.  This one, which I purchased 2 copies of for my classroom library, I happily read through is less than 24 hours.  Actually, it was probably less than 12 hours.
        The book was funny, easy to read, interesting, and creative.  I enjoyed the story line (young Jaime is an aspiring comedian who enters the New York funniest child competition) and the jokes were great. I can easily see a child enjoying this book. In fact, I immediately recommended it to my 8 year old (and my husband, actually).
         Highly recommended.  In fact, get 2 copies and read it with your kids!

4 smiles


No comments:

Post a Comment