Monday, March 4, 2013

Alex Cross, Run by James Patterson

Ah, Alex Cross.  You were the first James Patterson character I ever loved.  The first detective to draw me in and make my addiction to detective novels something of legend around my friends and family.  The first of many reasons why James Patterson became my personal hero.  20 books into the series Mr. Patterson is continuing to throw you into situations that make my heart pound against my ribs.  I could not put this one down and I enjoyed every minute of the ride with Mr. Cross courtesy of Mr. Patterson.

However, it was not my favorite Alex Cross book (a prestigious title that would have to belong to "Roses are Red").  That being said, anyone who knows James Patterson knows it's not only the heroes who make his stories amazing.  Patterson has a strange ability to bring your deepest fears to life in his villains.  They are completely realistic, yet scary and twisted enough to lose sleep over.  This was no different.  In fact, this crop of villains will be haunting my imagination for months or years to come.  4 smiles for the author that can do no wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment